This policy (“Cookies Policy”) is issued by Sherman Theatre (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this Cookies Policy), and applies to our use of “cookies” in connection with the website www.shermantheatre.co.uk (“Website”).
Cookies and how they benefit you
• To ensure the website works, in particular for online booking
• To monitor website performance and help us make improvements in the future
• To tailor our marketing and use tools such as Facebook and Google AdWords to communicate more effectively through web advertising.
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect
• Save you having to login every time you visit the site
• Remember your settings during and between visits
• Improve the speed/security of the site
• Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
• Continuously improve our website for you
• Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
• Collect any sensitive information
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
• Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below:
This monitors how people use our site – for example the browser they use and the pages they visit. It’s used to assess our website’s performance and to help us plan improvements.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting our site you see increased numbers of adverts from us. This is because we pay for these adverts, and the technology to do this is made possible by this cookie. We use these adverts to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry – we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised.
Facebook / Instagram
This communicates with Facebook / Instagram activity on our website. In a similar way to Google Display Network / Google Adwords it allows us to reduce our costs (and keep our prices low) by using digital adverts to encourage you to visit us. Don’t worry – we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised.
This cookie is a transient cookie (it is erased when you close the browser). It acts as a small amount of memory to remember what you’ve done on past pages.
• Third party functions – Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
• Social website cookies – So you can easily “like” or share our content on Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site. The privacy implications of this will vary depending on the social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
We use advertising cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t, as ultimately advertising helps keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
• Remarketing cookies
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including us, pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so-called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry, we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at any time as explained above.
Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. You can easily control and disable cookies through your browser settings. All browsers are different – for more information on cookies in general, visit the following external links:
The following links may assist you in managing your cookies settings, or you can use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/g…
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/…
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH…
- Adobe (flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/security/…
Please be aware that by limiting or deleting cookies, your experience of our website might not be the best it could be. If you have any questions about cookies, please contact the Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
- Sherman Theatre Senghennydd Road, Cathays Cardiff CF24 4YE
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of this site – and a large proportion of the world’s websites – as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE GATHER?
We collect anonymous technical information including IP address, browser type and version, operating system that is used to understand how people interact with the website. We will also collect email addresses if you provide via the form on the website – including the time and date of your visit, geographical data, e.g. the location or time zone of a device, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided), the length of time spent on our website and your internet browser version – and consent to the collection.
DO YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA?
Anonymous analytics data for website usage and advertisement effectiveness is gathered as described above and is stored by a third-party.
IMPROVING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF OUR WEBSITE
TARGETING AND MEASURING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF OUR DIGITAL MARKETING
PIXELS AND OTHER WEB TOOLS