A new era has begun at the Sherman Theatre and we are looking to build an enthusiastic team of volunteer ushers to help to deliver excellent customer service at the Sherman.
Since January 2015 over 100 people have chosen to dedicate their valuable time to the Sherman Theatre by joining our team of volunteers who work hard to welcome our audiences and ensure their visit is as enjoyable as possible.
Our existing team of volunteer ushers are a brilliant group of individuals who deliver excellent customer service and are all passionate about supporting the Sherman and the work we do. Volunteering is not just about helping the Sherman thrive, but also contributing to the local community.
On joining our team you will:
• Qualify for discounted tickets and exclusive special offers
• Receive complimentary refreshments
• Receive invitations to Press Nights and other social Sherman events
• Receive comprehensive training in all duties and responsibilities
• Gain skills and invaluable experience of customer service in a thriving arts environment
• Be given an opportunity to develop and practise Welsh Language and BSL skills
• Become a valued member of the Sherman family and interact with like-minded people
The Sherman Theatre is one of Wales’ most important arts organisations and one of its leading producing houses. To achieve our commitment to creating an artistic programme that is ambitious, inventive and memorable, and giving our audiences a great experience, we need to continue to grow our team of volunteer ushers.
Whatever your age or background, if you want to get involved, we’d be delighted to meet you.
Deadline for applications for our New Season intake will be Friday 29 September. Successful applicants will be invited to an informal chat with the House Manager/Deputy House Manager to discuss the scheme in greater detail on the week commencing 2 October. There will be a full Training and Induction evening on the week commencing 9 October. Attendance at one of these sessions is compulsory before you can undertake your role as Volunteer Usher at the Sherman Theatre.
Please send completed forms and/or queries to Keira Wilkie: email@example.com | 029 2064 6900
We look forward to you joining the team.