WHAT IS SHERMAN 5?
Sherman 5 is all about breaking down barriers.
It’s about making Sherman Theatre as open and accessible as possible.
Sherman 5 is here to help people to overcome any barriers that are stopping them from coming to our theatre.
Individuals and community groups can apply to join Sherman 5 and become Sherman 5 members. Membership is free.
We want to make it easier for people to come to see shows.
We also want to give Sherman 5 members the chance to get involved in the life and work of Sherman Theatre in many other ways.
Watch Sarah's Sherman 5 Story below. The Sherman 5 Stories of nine other Sherman 5 members can be seen here.
SHERMAN 5 MEMBERS CAN…
- Join our Sherman 5 Rep volunteer scheme and get involved in a variety of activities/opportunities. Sherman 5 Reps earn Tempo Time Credits.
- Join one of our Sherman 5 Communities:
- Our Deaf Theatre Club
- Our VI (Visually Impaired) Theatre Club
- Our Older People’s Community
- Theatre of Sanctuary: Our Refugee and Asylum Seeker Community. See our press release about becoming a Theatre of Sanctuary here -- scroll down to A Place for Everyone.
- Get support at our access performances, including BSL-interpreted, captioned, relaxed and audio described performances.
- Benefit from a variety of free training and skills opportunities.
- Participate in specific Sherman 5 days/activities.
- Get regular updates about events and opportunities.
- Get tickets at Sherman 5 prices (£5 or £2.50 for under-25s) for selected shows at Sherman Theatre.
Information about Sherman 5 tickets for Sherman Theatre's Autumn Season 2019 is here.
You can apply to become a Sherman 5 member and join Sherman 5 now – membership is completely free.
You can apply as an individual or as a partner community group -- a designated contact person/s in your group would be able to book tickets for your members.
To see if you are eligible to join and to apply, please email Claire Bottomley, the Sherman 5 Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE AND WHO FUNDS US
The new Sherman 5 team is jointly led by the Sherman 5 Coordinator, Claire Bottomley, and the Sherman 5 Facilitator, Sian Mile.
Contact Claire on 029 20 646 911 or at email@example.com and Sian on 029 20 646 982 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Hamlyn Foundation generously funded the first phase of Sherman 5 from 2013 to 2018; this first phase ended in the summer of 2018 with a celebration called Sherman 5 Stories.
We are delighted that Paul Hamlyn Foundation has now awarded Sherman Theatre a More and Better grant to continue and develop Sherman 5 for four more years: from 2019 to 2022. (See the press release here).
Follow us on TWITTER: @ShermanTheatre5
Join our FACEBOOK group: facebook.com/groups/shermantheatre5