WHAT IS SHERMAN 5?
Sherman 5 is all about breaking down barriers.
It’s about making Sherman Theatre as open and accessible as possible, and helping people to overcome any personal or practical barriers that are stopping them from coming to our theatre. We want to make it easier for people to come to see performances including family shows, drama, dance and comedy.
We work closely with individuals and groups from the following communities:
- Asylum Seekers and Refugees - See our Theatre of Sanctuary page.
- Older People
- D/deaf people
- Visually Impaired people
Individuals and community groups can apply to become Sherman 5 members. Membership is free and offers lots of great benefits.
We also want to give Sherman 5 members the chance to get involved in the life and work of Sherman Theatre in many other ways, including as volunteers.
Watch Sarah's Sherman 5 Story below. The Sherman 5 Stories of nine other Sherman 5 members can be seen here.
SHERMAN 5 MEMBERS CAN…
- Volunteer to be Sherman 5 Reps and get involved in a variety of activities/opportunities. Sherman 5 Reps earn Tempo Time Credits.
- Get support at our access performances, including BSL-interpreted, captioned, relaxed and audio described performances.
- Benefit from a variety of free training and skills opportunities.
- Participate in specific Sherman 5 days/activities.
- Get regular updates about events and opportunities.
- Get tickets at Sherman 5 prices (£5 or £2.50 for under-25s) for selected shows at Sherman Theatre.
Information about Sherman 5 tickets for Sherman Theatre's Spring Season 2020 is here.
You can apply to become a Sherman 5 member and join Sherman 5 now – membership is completely free.
You can apply as an individual or as a partner community group - a designated contact person/s in your group would be able to book tickets for your members.
To see if you are eligible to join and to apply, please email Claire Bottomley, the Sherman 5 Coordinator, at email@example.com
WHO WE ARE AND WHO FUNDS US
The Sherman 5 team is jointly led by the Sherman 5 Coordinator, Claire Bottomley, and the Sherman 5 Facilitator, Sian Mile.
Contact Claire on 029 20 646 911 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and Sian on 029 20 646 982 or at email@example.com
We are now in receipt of a More & Better grant from Paul Hamlyn Foundation, taking the next phase of Sherman 5 growth and development through to 2022.
Follow us on TWITTER: @ShermanTheatre5
Join our FACEBOOK group: facebook.com/groups/shermantheatre5