SPRING 2019: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SHERMAN 5
These Sherman 5 members tell their stories here.
- Sherman 5 has received four more years of funding from Paul Hamlyn Foundation – from the start of 2019 to the end of 2022. (You can read the press release about the new funding here).
- This means that Sherman 5 will be continuing and developing.
- Over the first five years of Sherman 5 (2013-2018), the project gave people across Cardiff and South East Wales who had never attended a performance at the theatre before, and who faced a variety of barriers, the chance to do so. Over the next four years, Sherman 5 will grow and develop to provide greater depth of engagement for its members, existing and new.
- The new Sherman 5 team will consist of the Sherman 5 Coordinator and the Sherman 5 Facilitator: they will be working in tandem on Sherman 5.
- Please find below all the information you need to know about Sherman 5 membership -- about what tickets are available, Tempo Time Credits, finding a show, access, how to book tickets etc.
SPRING SEASON 2019: TICKETS AVAILABLE!
WHAT YOU CAN BOOK:
- For Spring Season 2019 at Sherman Theatre, there will be a limited number of tickets available for every show at Sherman 5 rates for Sherman 5 members – for this season, the price will stay at £5 or £2.50 for under-25s. These are now the only two ticket rates available.
- A Sherman 5 member listed as such on our system can book two adult tickets at Sherman 5 rates – the other adult does not necessarily have to be a Sherman 5 member.
- For family shows, Sherman 5 members listed on our system can book for their children and for one other adult (the other adult and children do not have to be Sherman 5 members). Gatekeepers for Sherman 5 partner groups can book for members of their groups at Sherman 5 rates.
- If you would like to bring a group of more than eight, please contact Siân Mile, the Sherman 5 Facilitator. Only the spring season is available to book at Sherman 5 rates at the moment.
- Tickets for all performances are subject to availability and can be purchased on a first come, first served basis.
- This offer applies only to new bookings – it cannot be applied retrospectively.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ON TIME CREDITS:
- We accept Tempo Time Credits (formerly Spice Time Credits).
- Time Credits can be used to purchase tickets for any performance, subject to availability – two Time Credits per ticket.
- There are a limited number of tickets available for each show.
- You can book two adult tickets with Time Credits for any show. For family shows, you can book tickets for two adults and tickets for your children with Time Credits.
- If you are a gatekeeper for a group and want to bring a group of more than eight, please contact Siân Mile, the Sherman 5 Facilitator. You do not have to be a Sherman 5 member to use Time Credits.
Book early to avoid disappointment!
- Visit our What's On page for more information about the range of family shows, contemporary drama, comedy, dance and youth theatre which can be seen at Sherman Theatre this spring!
- There will be captioned performances of The Taming of the Shrew (14 Mar) and Lose Yourself (24 May), as well as BSL-interpreted performances of the Welsh language play, Anweledig (12 Mar) and of Get It While It’s Hot: Five Green Bottles (10 Apr).
- Touch Tours are available on request before every performance of Saethu Cwningod/Shooting Rabbits (1-4 May).
Please make your request at least 48 hours in advance through the Box Office.
- Please let the Box Office know if you have any access requirements when you ring to book your tickets.
HOW TO BOOK:
- Ring our Box Office on 029 2064 6900 or come in person to the Box Office at Sherman Theatre.
- If you are a Sherman 5 member, be sure to let our Box Office staff know this so they can check you are on our system and if there are tickets available, that you would like to book at Sherman 5 rates.
- If you are using Time Credits, let the Box Office know. You do not have to be a Sherman 5 member to use Time Credits.
- You will usually be asked to pay for your tickets when you ring up. If this poses difficulties, please discuss this at the time of booking.
- You do not have to produce your membership card to collect your tickets as your membership will have already been checked on our system when you book tickets.
- Because tickets are limited and we want as many people as possible to be able to benefit from Sherman 5, please let us know if you have reserved tickets and not yet paid for them, but are no longer able to use them.We can then release them for someone else to purchase. If you don’t let us know, this may jeopardise your Sherman 5 membership.
OTHER IMPORTANT BITS AND PIECES:
- Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We will be supporting Sherman 5 members to explore a variety of transport options. Please get in touch to talk about any transport requirements that you might have.
- The Café Bar continues to offer a range of affordable snacks and drinks. Please note that the Sherman 5 discount no longer applies.
- We are accepting new Sherman 5 members. For now, the eligibility requirements will be the same as before. An applicant must be new to our theatre and a resident in what was formerly a Communities First area or a member of one of our partner groups. New members will be able to access Sherman 5 discounted tickets straightaway at two rates: £5 or £2.50 for under-25s. To apply to join, please contact Siân Mile, Sherman 5 Facilitator, at email@example.com or on 029 2064 6911.
Sherman 5 Reps:
- The Sherman 5 Rep volunteering programming will be continuing and expanding. There will be lots of opportunities available to earn Time Credits and to get involved in the life and work of Sherman Theatre in many different ways.
Please contact Sian Mile, Sherman 5 Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 029 2064 6911.
Watch Sherman 5 members tell their Sherman 5 stories: