WHAT IS SHERMAN 5?
Sherman 5 is all about breaking down barriers.
It’s about making Sherman Theatre as open and accessible as possible, and helping people to overcome any personal or practical barriers that are stopping them from coming to our theatre. We want to make it easier for people to come to see performances including family shows, drama, dance and comedy.
We work closely with individuals and groups from the following communities:
- Asylum Seekers and Refugees - See our Theatre of Sanctuary page.
- Older People
- D/deaf people
- Visually Impaired people
Individuals and community groups can apply to become Sherman 5 members. Membership is free and offers lots of great benefits.
We also want to give Sherman 5 members the chance to get involved in the life and work of Sherman Theatre in many other ways, including as volunteers.
Sherman 5 Update
Although we can’t be with you in person at the moment, we still want to keep connected with our members, partner groups and volunteers through our online channels.
Whilst the Sherman Theatre is temporarily closed, Claire Bottomley, Sherman 5 Coordinator, is working hard to generate workshops and activities for members to become involved in, as well as keeping everyone informed of FREE online activities, performances and skill-sharing opportunities.
We hope that you can join us and that you'll enjoy some of our workshops and shared activities.
For daily updates join our Sherman 5 Facebook Group @Sherman5
Watch Sarah's Sherman 5 Story below. The Sherman 5 Stories of nine other Sherman 5 members can be seen here.
SHERMAN 5 MEMBERS CAN…
- Volunteer to be Sherman 5 Reps and get involved in a variety of activities/opportunities. Sherman 5 Reps earn Tempo Time Credits.
- Get support at our access performances, including BSL-interpreted, captioned, relaxed and audio described performances.
- Benefit from a variety of free training and skills opportunities.
- Participate in specific Sherman 5 days/activities.
- Get regular updates about events and opportunities.
- Get tickets at Sherman 5 prices (£5 or £2.50 for under-25s) for selected shows at Sherman Theatre.
You can apply to become a Sherman 5 member and join Sherman 5 now – membership is completely free.
You can apply as an individual or as a partner community group - a designated contact person/s in your group would be able to book tickets for your members.
To see if you are eligible to join and to apply, please email Claire Bottomley, the Sherman 5 Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE AND WHO FUNDS US
The Sherman 5 team is led by the Sherman 5 Coordinator, Claire Bottomley.
Contact Claire on 07545 210357 or at email@example.com
We are now in receipt of a More & Better grant from Paul Hamlyn Foundation, taking the next phase of Sherman 5 growth and development through to 2022.
Follow us on TWITTER: @ShermanTheatre5
Join our FACEBOOK group: facebook.com/groups/shermantheatre5