We are seeking a Teaching Artist to work alongside Sherman Theatre’s Creative Engagement team to plan and deliver sessions as well as support guest tutors as part of our Introduction to Playwriting programme.
Introduction to Playwriting is a free programme aimed at young people aged 15 -18. It seeks to introduce them to the world of playwriting, developing their skills through regular sessions and providing the opportunity for their work to be performed as part of Sherman’s main programming. Currently this course takes place online via Zoom.
The successful applicant will collaborate with the Sherman’s team and guest tutors (from a range of disciplines) in the creation of the content of weekly workshops and take an active role in the delivery of this planned work.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience as a theatre maker, director or dramaturg.
• Be interested in, and have relevant experience working with young people.
• Have the ability to work in Welsh (not essential but is desirable).
Duties will include:
• Delivering a weekly session via Zoom on Thursday evenings 7.30pm - 9.30pm, with the group of 15 - 18 year old participants and reporting back to the Creative Engagement department.
• You will be responsible for the overall running of the sessions, but will also be required to supervise guest tutors.
• The aim of the term will be for each participant to write a short play, which will be produced in radio form. You will be responsible for the development of these scripts, and will be required to read the scripts and give notes.
• We are looking to appoint someone from January until April (inclusive).
• The role is for the Spring term – January – April (inclusive).
• A maximum of 20 participants will be on the course.
• This role is subject to a successful enhanced DBS check.
This is a paid opportunity.
Fee: £100 per session.
Deadline for applications: Midday 25 Nov.
Interviews (via Zoom): w/c 30 Nov.
It is important that the workshop leader is representative of the diversity of the voices we are working with and we are therefore seeking applicants from all communities.
If you feel that you fulfil the criteria outline above please send us brief overview of your experience, how you fulfil the job specification above, any access requirements and a CV to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you,