Elida, the daughter of a lighthouse keeper, yearns for the freedom of the sea. Far from her childhood island home, she now swims in the stagnant waters of a perfect life... trapped by the picturesque Norwegian landscape, caged by a loving marriage.
But then a stranger from the past pays an unexpected visit and she’s forced to confront her darkest fears. Suddenly she needs to make the most difficult decision imaginable... to leave or to stay?
Henrik Ibsen's most captivating and mysterious love story, The Lady From the Sea, is translated into Welsh for the first time by Menna Elfyn.
Take advantage of Sibrwd - a smartphone English synopsis app that whispers in your ear and helps guide non-Welsh speakers through the performance.
Download the free app, pop in your headphones and Sibrwd will whisper short snippets to you in English, helping you to be part of the action. Download Sibrwd from the App Store for iPhone and Google Play for Android before you arrive.
• Sibrwd is free to download on iPhone and Android
• We encourage the customer to download the app before arriving
• There will be a team of digital assistants on hand at the theatre to help people use Sibrwd
• Remember to bring earphones. If you forget, earphones will be sold Front of House
• It will be possible to borrow an iPod if you don’t have a smartphone but you will need to register with the Box Office beforehand (10 are available)
• In order to develop Sibrwd, your feedback is very important
Theatre Genedlaethol Cymru will be delivering free workshops to groups who book more than 10 tickets to see this performance.
The workshops are suitable for those in studying drama, performing arts and literature over the age of 15.
The workshops can be delivered at your school.
Maximum of 20 per workshops.
For further information about the workshops please contact Fflur Thomas - email@example.com