Pink Mist tells the story of three young men deployed to Afghanistan. As the physical and psychological aftershocks of war take their toll on the loved ones they left behind, Arthur, Hads and Taff find their journey home is their greatest battle.
Owen Sheers’ Pink Mist was inspired by 30 interviews with returned servicemen and first staged at Bristol Old Vic in 2015. ‘Eye-opening and brilliantly vivid’ (The Times) this ‘beautifully performed’ (Guardian) production matches powerful words and thrilling movement.
* * * * * "Pink Mist may be the most important play of the year. It is certainly one of the best." Whatsonstage
* * * * "Sends you reeling, misty-eyed, into the night" Daily Telegraph
* * * * "Eye-opening, brilliantly vivid" The Times
* * * * "A poignant, timely reminder of the fragility – and futility – of human life in conflict" The Stage
* * * * "Not to be missed." The Independant
By Owen Sheers
Directed by John Retallack and George Mann
Designer Emma Cains
Lighting Designer Peter Harrison
Sound Designer Jon Nicholls