Sherman Cymru are extremely pleased to be working with the BBC in their audition process for the BBC Norman Beaton Fellowship (NBF) 2016.
The NBF offers two contracts with the Radio Drama Company to two actors who, though professional, have not come into the profession via a traditional, accredited drama training route. The successful NBF finalists will be awarded a five-month binding contract with the Radio Drama Company based in London starting late July, 2016. Sherman Cymru will host the first stage of auditions on 11 January 2016. This audition will include a group workshop, followed by each actor performing two prepared monologues and one sight-reading piece. We will then, with BBC producer Helen Perry, select 2/3 applicants to go on to the next stage of auditions.
- Actors must be over 18 and must not have attended a full-time accredited drama school course.
- In registering, actors must confirm that they would be available for semi-finals in London on 16 Febuary 2016 and Finals on 14-15 March 2016 in London.
- They must also be available and willing to be based in London between 23 July and 23 December 2016, if they are one of the successful applicants to whom Fellowships are offered.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK between those dates.
- Applicants will be asked to provide information when they register on their recent professional acting work.
Please see full Terms and Conditions
There are 10 places in the audition, Sherman Cymru will select the 10 Actors based on their experience, potential, enthusiasm and skill. To express interest in the opportunity, please email a short biog no more than 250 words to email@example.com by 12 noon on Friday 11 of December.