MK Assistant Director Opportunity
The JMK Trust in partnership with the Sherman Theatre is offering an Assistant Director Bursary to a participant of the JMK & Sherman Directors’ Group. This arts scholarship, funded by the Richard Carne Trust, will provide a learning and training opportunity for a talented emerging director, based in the Cardiff area who has demonstrated a commitment to directing and a passion for theatre making.
We are looking for an Assistant Director for Rachel O’Riordan’s upcoming autumn co-production of a contemporary classic text.
As Assistant Director, your duties will be:
· To provide general assistance to the Director;
· As agreed with the Director, to carry out any research that will inform and benefit the production;
· As agreed with the Director, to attend preparation meetings prior to rehearsals;
· To observe rehearsals and have input in discussions and production meetings;
· To assist the company in documenting the rehearsal process for the purpose of marketing, archiving and evaluating the project through blogs, social media and other forms agreed;
· To observe and assist the Director in the production week as required;
· To input into supporting engagement activities by mutual agreement with the Director and Communities and engagement department;
· To attend and participate in post-show discussions by mutual agreement with the Director;
· To support the company whilst the play in in performance as agreed with the Director and Stage Manager, including attending and noting the production;
· To assist with the transfer of the production.
· Any further duties as required by the Director.